Below you will find instructions on how to find the MAC address (aka physical address, hardware address, wifi address, ethernet address) of the most common devices we see on campus. If your device is not listed or our instructions don't match it exactly, you can usually find it by Googling "how to find [type of device] MAC address" or by looking for a sticker on the device itself.
- Download the Amazon Alexa app to your phone or computer and sign in with your Amazon account.
- Connect to the wireless network transmitted by your Echo device.
- The wireless MAC address for your Echo can be found at the bottom of the Echo Setup screen in the Alexa app.
Amazon Fire TV
- Plug in your Amazon Fire TV stick into your TV
- If this is the first time using this Fire TV device, the wireless MAC address will appear in the list of wireless networks during setup at the far-right of the list. If this Fire TV stick has been used in the past, navigate to Settings > System > About > Network and the wireless MAC address will be listed at this screen.
- Attempt to connect to wireless or plug the ethernet port in.
- On the Apple TV, navigate to Settings > General > Network.
- The MAC address is listed here as "Wifi Address" or network address based on if you are using the wireless or ethernet connection.
- Plug in your Google Home.
- Download and open the Google Home app on your phone.
- You should see your Google Home listed. Select it then press Set Up.
- Accept the prompt allowing your phone to connect to your Google Home.
- Answer the set up questions listed.
- Enter the location of your Google Home and select Continue
- The wireless MAC address will be listed at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Insert a game that is Nintendo Wi-Fi Compatible and access the WFC Setup Utility.
- Tap Options, then System Information.
- From the 3DS's main menu, go to System Settings > Internet Settings > Other Information.
- Select Confirm MAC Address. The wireless MAC address will appear.
Tap the Settings icon (wrench). Tap the right arrow until you are on page 3, tap Internet, then System Information.
- Select Wii Settings.
- Select Internet > Console Information.
- The wireless MAC address is listed under MAC Address. The wired MAC address is listed under LAN Adapter MAC Address.
Nintendo Wii U
- From the Wii U main menu, select System Settings.
- Select Internet > View MAC Address. The wired/wireless MAC address will be listed.
- From the Switch's Home menu, go to System Settings
- Scroll down and select Internet.
- The MAC addres will appear under System MAC Address.
- From the Playstation 3 main menu, select Settings > System Settings > System Information.
- The wireless and wired MAC address will be listed on the screen.
- On the Playstation 4 main menu, go to Settings > System > System Information.
- The wired address will appear next to MAC Address (LAN Cable). The wireless MAC address will appear next to MAC Address (Wi-Fi).
Select System Settings, then System Information.
From the Home screen, tap the Settings application, then tap start. Swipe up on the screen to scroll down to the System option. Tap System Information.
- From the Roku home screen, select Settings > Player Info.
- The wired MAC address is listed next to Ethernet MAC address. The wireless MAC address is listed next to Wireless MAC address.
The instructions vary based on TV make and model. General directions are to go to your TV's menu and select Network > Network Settings, select the connection you plan on using (wired or wireless), then the MAC address should be listed.
- From the Xbox 360 main menu, go to My Xbox > System Settings > Network Settings > Configure Network
- Select the Additional Settings tab and then select Alternate Mac Address.
- The wired and wireless MAC addresses will be listed at the bottom of this screen
- If you are setting up your Xbox One for the first time:
- Complete the initial setup until you reach the network connection step.
- Attempt to connect to Siena-Air. This will fail, which is normal.
- Select Fix it.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to fail.
- The MAC addresses will now be listed. Use Wired MAC for Ethernet connections and Wireless MAC for Wi-Fi connections.
- From the Xbox One home screen, select Settings.
- Under the Console tab, select Network.
- Select Advanced Settings. The wired and wireless MAC addresses will be displayed.